Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
I've seen loads of roasted cauliflower recipes from roasting the whole head to roasted cauliflower steaks. And loads of weird options for this vegetable such as riced or made into a pizza base, but this one is so easy and great as a snack, side order or chilled in a salad.
Why bother? Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fibre and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. High fibre has been shown to enhance weight loss and digestion. It is also high in choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients. That's why!
· 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
· 4 sprigs thyme (or dried)
· 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
· ½ cup grated Parmesan
· Preheat oven to 200°.
· Toss florets on a large rimmed baking sheet with thyme, garlic, & oil;
· Season with salt and pepper.
· Roast, tossing occasionally, until almost tender, 35-40 minutes.
· Sprinkle with Parmesan and toss to combine
· Roast until cauliflower is tender, 10–12 minutes longer.
Oven timings may vary so adjust to suit
Also nice with broccoli florets.